I did an experiment on ride sharing with my friend 2 years back, but eventually we decided to stop it. Lately I saw many people trying to replicate what zimride, side.cr and other folks. also people are writing that it will not work ( here and here also here )
If I had to do a Carpooling / Ride sharing service today, I would have called it
You need to change the behavior, the way people look at carpooling. Make Ride Sharing more than just fuel saving. make It a game.
*Tell him it is a planet saving game, give him reputation, give him power. *
So What is this game all about?
This game is about ‘Saving earth from an alien named “Carbo“‘, who is trying to take over our green planet.
- Every individual will earn points for every mile they share
- Based on points they get amazing powers
- With this power they will be able to create an army of people ( friends ) who will help to destroy the Carbo.
- Highest point / reputation holder will be controlling a region in the city.
- Spend points to help your friend when he in trouble.
- Give real and virtual gifts to people for their achievement.
- Share, spread and save the planet.
Its just a rough thought, This could be one of the ways to increase the usage of carpooling / ride sharing.
Image source: http://bit.ly/Le3Y1T